Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack Shelf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jiant., Nov 30, 2004.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I need to get a rack shelf to be able to mount my Behringer in my newly aquired rack. Where would you suggest that I get one? I've already checked Music123 and they're $24 shipped for a universal 1 space. Can I get one cheaper somewhere? Thanks and God Bless! -Brad

2. Guitar Center has them in Pro Audio, I think they're made by Raxxess or something. Musicians Friend also carries them. You might want to try a computer parts store like Fry's Electronics. Large servers and routers use 19" racks, and those places will have shelves.

But, $24 is a pretty fair price unless you can find one used somewhere. Musicians Fiend's cheapest one is $18.99, but if you're holding up an amp, you might want to find a heavy-duty one.

3. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    So you need to use a rack shelf to mount the Behringer? Cause I plan on racking mine in the near future.

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Well since I don't want to drill holes into my rack and then run screws from the outside of the rack into the top of the Behringer, I'm going to just take it out of the black case, mount it on a shelf and then put the shelf in the rack on the bottom space so that it not only is supported by the shelf, but by the bottom of the rack too. I found a few pretty good ideas about mounting the Behringer, but this seemed the best to me. Here are the others: http://www.rockabillybass.com/discus/messages/5/4779.html?1093551375

Hope that helps ya, and thanks for the imput! God Bless -Brad

5. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    Thanks man. I'm going to try the shelf thing. Let me know how yours turns out and I'll do the same.
    Take care.