1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Raphael Saadiq Live

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by diglo, Apr 11, 2010.

1. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    I just looked at the Live from the Artists Den DVD! Man, what a tight band. The bass player was Daniel McKay. He played most the time thumb and index stroke. Killer sound! Look like he had a piece of auralex studio foam behind bridge pup. If you haven't seen, you need to check out DVD.

Shout out to my church's former drummer Lemar Carter. He was holding it down for'em!

2. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Recorded at the Harvard Club in Boston, which is a beautiful room but has super high ceilings and is not the best sounding room (a bit like playing in a racquetball court, in my experience)- even more of a testament to how great the band sounds on this DVD. The guitarist, Rob Bacon, is like a living guitar lesson on classy, Memphis soul- infused playing. I saw Saadiq last year live and it was one of the best shows I've seen in ages. I usually go to indie rock- stand in a dark club with your arms crossed type of affairs. this show had everybody dancing the whole time.

3. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    Rob Bacon is just as classy on bass too. He is one of my influences on bass. If you can stand the lyrics, check out the early DJ Quik stuff, "Way 2 Fonky." Rob played bass, guitar and boards on it.