1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

RARE JAZZ BASS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by circlemind, Aug 13, 2012.

1. circlemind

circlemind

Aug 13, 2012
    Hello,
    I am trying to find out any information I can on a bass that I just acquired. It is a 2010 mexican made special edition fender jazz bass in butterscotch blonde with a maple fretboard and black pickguard. Any information on body wood, number made, or other details would appreciated. If you don't know anything maybe you can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks.

2. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    ^^^^^^LOL!!! THAT WAS FRIGGIN GREAT!!!

3. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Cary, Il
    Rare JB from Mexico...ok.

4. meursault42

meursault42 Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
  5. circlemind

circlemind

Aug 13, 2012
    thanks for being so helpful...
    I have been through searches etc.etc. can't find a thing except that it looks to have been sold through mf at one point

6. circlemind

circlemind

Aug 13, 2012
    Yeah that is it. I found that page but the description doesn't seem to match. It is kind of generic.

7. circlemind

circlemind

Aug 13, 2012
    I can't find out anything else on it . It is marked as special edition on the back of the headstock and with the translucent body finish and prominent grain I am not so sure it is alder ...though fender does laminate the sunburst bodies with maple.

8. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    you might try emailing fender customer service to see what info you can get. nice welcome from the crowd here...

if you post pics of the body we can probably figure out of yours is ash or alder

the special runs are cool and MIM quality has been pretty solid lately IMO. It's unusual to see a natural or blond fender in alder, but not totally out of the realm of possibility.

9. Don't have any info, but that's a beautiful bass. I agree that the special runs are usually very solid instruments.

10. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    +1 to all of this.

I'd start with an email to Fender, they should be able to help out. If you can get some decent pics up we can try to figure it out as well.

11. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Another +1
    Welcome to TB. Not everyone here is a smart@ss. Plenty of helpful info here but sometimes you have to wade through the BS to get to it.:)

12. liquid sunshine

liquid sunshine

Jul 24, 2010
    The best part about that post is the second thing that comes up is this thread.
    Sometimes people are rude but that is just funny.

13. circlemind

circlemind

Aug 13, 2012