Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RBH cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wyleeboxer, May 2, 2005.

1. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    This question is for Dan. I had a 2x10 and 1x15 RBH cabs, they sounded great, but the reason I sold them (only the 1x15 so far) was when i would stack the 2x10 on top it would sometimes come close to vibrating off because the cabs couldnt interlock and where so different is size. Was this a flaw in the design? Im still trying to sell my 2x10 which I just bought, but I was disapointed when I recieved it because for lack of a better word "it didnt fit" and since it was a special order f/GC I cant return it!

Thanks

2. Could you not have just put the bits on to make em stay ?

3. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Im thinking when you say bits you mean the corner locks? The locks are on and the problem is that the cabs have different widths, although they are the same RBH modal. The 2x10 locks sit in-between the 1x15 locks, the locks are touching slightly enough so it almost makes for a slippery contact to contact surface area.

4. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Attach rubber feet to the top cab.

5. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    The rubber feet would of worked, but for me its like it should be right in the first place. Plus I already sold the 1x15 cab and looking to sell the 2x10. One other thing if you try to put your amp on top of the 2x10 the isnt much surface area to keep it stable. I shouldnt gripe to much, the cabs sounded good and I would have kept them if it wasnt for there instability.

6. Thanks thats what i was thinking off, mentally vacant today :)

7. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Iv'e done many a gig with my 1001RB 2x10 combo atop my 1x15RBH cab. I had to turn the 1x15 cab on it's side but I have never had a problem with the top moving or have I worried about the combo falling. I have played quite a few gigs this way. Note* the rear corners don't lock down due to the combo's wheels but the front does, again never had a problem with the combo on top shifting.

8. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    what he said...

9. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Buy some Mopads or a Gramma Pad or some such thingamajig and that should make it fit better as well as preventing it from shaking.

10. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks guy's

I'm sure your suggestions would all help, I just thought is was a crazy design? So I got rid of the cabs!

11. It's possible the design the builder went with just didn't work out width-wise. A 15" is only 15", and 2x10's is 20", so you eather have an extra-wide 15" cab or cabs of two differing widths. Most manufacturers just make their 15" wider to accommodate stacking, but some opt for cabinet material economy, or to adhere strictly to calculated dimensions.

A sacrifice is made either way.

12. Originally, the 115RBH had the ports on the top and bottom. The corners do lock that way. I agree that the 115RBH and the 210RBH is an awkward stack. We did consider doing a version that would stack better, but we decided to focus on the Neo cabinets instead. We'll have an 800 watt 410SBX and a 400 watt 210SBX soon. The 400 watt 115SBX is already out. Those stack great.

13. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks Dan

One more question, when I tried to take the 2x10 cab back to Guitar Center (because of the stack issue) they said it was a special order and I cant return it. Is this the standard policy? I still have the reciept and the 2x10, is there anything I can do? It looks new and bought in August 04.

14. That's entirely up to Guitar Center. We don't have any say in that.