1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

re Wish List

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Mark Sacchetti, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Acouple of my working doublers and I were talking about this subject and it got me to thinking What would the TBer's Wish List be.

If you could design the ultimate portable box for DB, what would it have?

Would you want reverb and chorus features?

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
  3. two inputs, mic and line, insanely high input impedence, two-three tunable notch filters, true phantom power for the mic in, direct out, everything footswitch mutable, hpf, line output strong enough to drive a power amp, small enuff to mount on a mic stand, built in quick and accurate tuner, red, preferable bright red. oh, and it should be red;) oh, and one big-ass master volume knob.

jeff.

4. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Here's what I'd like to see.

1. A Variable Meg Ohm Control Like the Summit DI has to
    taylor the load to your particular pickup. Some piezos don't actually
    need a 10 Meg Ohm Load IMHO.

2. Dual use inputs like the AI and Speakon Connectors for the Speaker Outputs

3. A Phase Reverse Switch for feedback control.

4. Notch and Lo Cut filters that are assignable to either of the two channels.

5. Intuitive tone controls that can be tweaked via a DSP chip of some kind, so you could have the bass, midrange, and treble change in relationship to the volume the amp is running at. I.E. less bass and more treble at higher levels.

6. Midrange controls that are AB Friendly. I.E. The Fishman Pro Platinum EQ.

Ric

5. Any further thoughts on the ultimate box for DB?

6. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    En route to looking up other things, I happened across this...

http://www.howleraudio.com/

This is discussed at www.parallax.com forum, and it looks like the fellow is well on his way to releasing a working product. It is based on a chip called Propeller, which contains 8 processors running in parallel at 80 MHz. I was interested in Propeller because a guy in my group at my day job has been doing some prototyping with it, and I'm blown away by how cool it is.

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    The Howler looks very interesting.
    Along the same lines is the Line 6 Tonecore dev kit:
    http://www.vettaville.nl/page.php?id=100#609

On the other hand SSD/Flash memory, etc are getting cheaper and cheaper. So a small PC, with Linux, and some decent plugins can do a lot.