1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Real Book of Blues

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by rdcowan, Nov 18, 2010.

1. rdcowan

rdcowan

Aug 13, 2009
    Central Texas
    I am looking for the Real Book of Blues. I would like to download it as a pdf, but I am having trouble finding a download site that does not make me sign up for spam. Can anyone recommend a download site for real/fake books that is reputable? I don't mind buying the book, but I don't want a bunch of crap in my inbox after I get it.
    Thanks

2. Fajah

Fajah

Apr 30, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Sent you a PM.

3. rdcowan

rdcowan

Aug 13, 2009
    Central Texas
    Replied.

4. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

Nov 22, 2008
    Braintree
    Retrovibe Artist rota
    Do yourself a favour and buy, beg, steal, or borrow the box set of Willie Dixons, Blues Dixionary.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blues-Dixonary-Willie-Dixon/dp/B00002MX0T

I know you want books to read but this is how you apply what you learn. It is blues bass with a purpose and the variety of artists he plays with just helps make the understanding even better. There may be an identical progression in some songs but the way the bass applies to it and the nuances of variation to each artist is just great. This box set will cover every thing any bass player that wants to learns Blues need to know it is a "blues bible" if you want.:)

5. Fajah

Fajah

Apr 30, 2006
    Toronto, Canada