1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Really Really Really Dumb Question (Sorry :[)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grr2, Oct 26, 2009.

1. grr2

grr2

Jan 30, 2009
    Ok so knowing fully that I will look like an idiot I have to ask this really really really dumb question.

Is the Spector Legend 5 Classic an active or a passive bass :confused: I know it's probably a really dumb question to most who read this but I love Spector and I really want a cheap Spector with an active preamp. So yea please tell this poor little unseasoned 3rd year bassist what the poop this bass is. :help:

Dank you :D

2. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Quick search provided (from Musician's Friend):

Spector Legend Classic 5-String Bass Features:
    NS body
    Quilted maple top
    3-piece rock maple bolt-on neck
    35" scale
    24-fret rosewood fingerboard
    Deluxe cast bridge
    Black hardware
    High-impedance, passive, USA EMG-SSD pickups
    Spector Tone Pump Jr.
    2 -band active tone circuit:hyper:

BTW: The only thing that made it a really, really, really dumb question was you saying it was! Search is good though, search is good!

3. What's confusing is that it has passive pickups but an active preamp. That still makes it an active bass, because the preamp requires a battery. The Legend Classic's are great basses.

4. There are no dumb questions on TB,only dumb answers.

Glad I could help. ;)

5. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Not a stupid question at all. Everybody's new at one time or another.

A bass can't be active - the preamp, and occasionally the pickups, are active. So yes, that particular bass has active electronics.

6. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    don't ever approach a girl like that

7. grr2

grr2

Jan 30, 2009
    haha thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I'm now a happy bass player who will soon be the owner of a Spector Legend Classic :]... sweeet.
    And yea Fetusyolk, I'm better with girls that online forums :p thanx for the advice lol

8. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    youre gonna love..great choice for the cash