1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

recognize this vintage carvin cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassking511, Nov 14, 2006.

1. hey do u know anything about the 2x15 pictured. what drivers, how much it cost and what its value would be nowadays
    88_probassiisystems-small.jpg

well anyway..im getting it for $150:smug: :p (the guy just doesnt use it anymore). it also has yr old speakers.

2. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Cornell , IL.
    You might try here.
    http://www.carvinmuseum.com/whatmodelguitaramp.html
    There are other refernces in the Carvin Museum that may be helpful as well.
    My 1st bass rig was a Carvin PBII 300 watter w/ an 18" and a 2x12. I think it had 12's , may have been 15's but similar to your post

3. yeah i already looked on the carivn website..thats where i got the photo. what i was lookinmg for was anyone with personal info/reviews, etc on it. also i wanted to know if anyone knows how much it is worth nowadays(in great shape)

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Since there are no reviews on www.harmonycentral.com or www.bgra.net, my next step is to check www.musicgoround.com and see what kind of treasures they're selling.

$150 seems like a reasonable deal...depending on what speakers the guy put in a year ago and the overall condition.

5. bump for new comments..plz!?

6. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    I have an older version of that cabinet (before they started using carpet) but for the most part it's identical. The thing has been through hell and back and it's still in good shape, so at least I can say it's durable.

I'd find out what kind of speakers are in it to determine how much it's worth. I bought a cab on ebay last year, got the thing apart and found out it had a 15" Rado Shack speaker in it :mad: If you can, ask to see the speakers, it's only a few screws worth of effort, if the guy isn't afraid to show you what's in there, he should have no problem with it.

If they're halfway decent speakers, it's definitely worth a buck and a half.