Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recomend me a good effect.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sk8inbassist17, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Well im not to happy with what i hear about the drive mode of the Boss OC-3.

So i want to know about other effects.

I have good Distortion, OD, EQ, and wah so thats out of the question.

I was kinda thinking of the Boss DD-3, I know timmy c uses or used it.

Thats somthing im big on hearing about if someone has any sound samples of delay w/ distortion it would be cool if you could post those.

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    What about a compressr, a synth, a chorus/flanger/phaser? The digitech bass synth wah can get a good variety of sounds I believe, and it includes a decent octave sound..

3. I'm rediscovering my love for compression. Jammed at a party the other night with my DBX set for maximum attack. Mmmmmmm, popage! :bassist:

I'd also vote for a chorus/detune effect.

DD-3 is old, don't waste your time. Consider something more modern like a Headrush or the new Boss line...
    ...or something retro-hip like an Ibanez AD-9 reissue or vintage DM-2.

Boss Bass Synth blows chunks. :D

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You might want to try some echo or modulation effects. Chori, flangers, phasers, delay etc. etc.

5. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    DD-3 might work. But then again, you gave us no info. If you said "I would like a chorus in the 50-150 dollar price range", we might be able to help more.

6. i dont really know what i would want, i just dont wanna spend more than like 130$ usa. thats why im asking yall to recomemd me a pedal. the only thing i have been looking at is delay.

7. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
  8. Nice. And I would get that.