1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

recommend a instruction dvd here.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by vincentpghpa, May 6, 2006.

1. vincentpghpa

vincentpghpa

Apr 24, 2004
    What would be a good dvd instruction to get for someone who's not really a beginner but not fantastic either?

Maybe recommend a couple also because I plan on using it on a 6 month cruise and I have a lot of down time underway. Maybe one for beginners and one for more advanced once I finished the first one.

2. vincentpghpa

vincentpghpa

Apr 24, 2004
    Oh I guess I should mention that I plan on bringing my 5 string with me. Any recomendations for videos or books for a 5 string?

3. Tony Gray

Tony Gray

Mar 6, 2006
    Norm Stocktons videos. I got all four along with the chart book Look at it on his website. If you want it get back to me, I'm selling mine.

4. trasser

trasser

Dec 13, 2005
    Well, dunno about 5-strings, but i find the jaco pastorius "modern electric bass" pretty cool, especially for teaching bad ass technique

5. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    One of the Victor Wooten DVDs. Victor's DVD from BassDay or the Bass Extremes DVD with Steve Bailey. Steve Bailey does things on that fretless 5-string that are scary good.

6. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    What are you interested in studying?

Last video I purchased - which I love - is the Rocco Fingerstyle video.

7. THERAKED1

THERAKED1

Apr 23, 2006
    Columbus,OH
  8. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    The first Billy Sheehan video. It's technique only and some other useful info. I particular like how he breaks the Diatonic Major Scale into three basic patterns. Very clever.

Wholetone - Wholetone
    Wholetone - Halftone
    Halftone - Wholetone