1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

recommend me one

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by srh, Dec 11, 2006.

1. srh

srh saahweet

Dec 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    im looking for a nice cabinet for my new B1500, what do you guys suggest? relativley cheap I guess would be great. I was looking at the 4 ohm version of the Avatar B410 Neo because it says it can handle 1000 watts and at 4 ohms the carvin pushes 1250, what do you guys think? Just def. need something that wont clip when I turn my amp up :D

2. srh

srh saahweet

Dec 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    bump?

3. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    What type of music do you play and can you describe the sound you're trying to achieve?

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    That should work. The rule of thumb (and people can correct me if I'm wrong) but they can handle almost twice that amount. So even if you were constantly pushing 1250 watts (which you won't be - unless you're on 11 all the time) you should be ok with a cabinet that has 1000W capacity.

5. srh

srh saahweet

Dec 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    well with the band setting, its metal..but I play all different kinds of stuff. I dont want the generic "clickity clack
    metal tone, just a nice fat round warm rich bass tone if that makes any sense

thanks for the resonse. Would you say get the 8 ohm version of the cab or the 4 ohm? (keep in mind: carvin puts 700 watts at 8 ohms, 1250 at 4 ohms, avatar says it is 1000 watts in both the 8 and 4 ohm version)

6. srh

srh saahweet

Dec 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    anyone else?

7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    The Dr Bass BL 2260 looks like a nice cab and I've read good things about it from users here.

I think one of them even uses a B1500 with his.

Do a search.

You might also browse the classified listings here on Talkbass.

8. No, if you were constantly pushing 1250 W, that cab would be dead meat. The reason that kind of combination can often work is precisely that you're NOT pushing 1250 W on anything like a constant basis.

9. Jeralya

Jeralya

Sep 7, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    The thing I like about the 4x10 is that mine isnt power hungry like the old deltas. I use a 4 ohm version and my hartke 3500 makes it happy- it definitely never sounds like its anywhere near out of juice, but at about 12:00 on my head the cab pumps. Dave is insane.