Recording Interface???

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by caesarbass, May 4, 2005.

1. I'm checking out the M-audio firewire solo, anyone had any exerience with it? If so, likes or dislikes? It will used for a home studio, jotting down ideas to my computer, every once in a while for demo's. Thanks!!!
  2. philiprst

philiprst Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2005
    I have one, and for what you want to do it is pretty much perfect. M-audio makes a confusing array of models but what distinguishes the solo is its guitar input on the front. I never use that input for bass; I take the DI out of my Ashdown head and feed it through the regular input. For regular guitar it works well....

Obviously you are going to be limited in terms of inputs but unless you are recording a band this isn't really a problem.

3. Perfect, thanks philiprst!!!! Sounds like the right interface for me.
  4. Just an update...I got my computer and got an M-box!!!!! After a day of getting all of the settings right, thanks to a couple of friends, I'm off and question...where can I buy talent???? I really like this unit and Pro Tools LE is relatively simple to use, the manual has you recording in no time!!!!