1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recording problems, suggestions really apprechiated

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by MusicMan16, Mar 28, 2006.

1. MusicMan16

MusicMan16

Nov 27, 2005
    hey guys, i was wondering if u could help me with something.
    I'm currently trying to record some guitar and bass tracks, but when i'm recording my guitar it phases out and the volume goes very low and it sounds like i've got a flanger on it is there anyway i can get rid of this?does using distortion play a role in this annoying problem?Well, i'm using a piece of crap mic, and some software aclled acoustica mixcraft, but when i record anything else with different insturments like bass,keyboard,drums, or my voice its fine, only with the guitar it screws up

thanks
    sorry about my bad english lol

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Its possible the signal is too hot. If you have a small mixer, you might try running through it first, or just try turning down the volume of the guitar some. Im not expert or anything though, it may be something completely different hehe. I know Ive had problems recording active basses vs passive for this reason.

3. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    What equipment are you using to record. What interface are you using? What mic do you have?