Recording the amp tone?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Hi all I want to know how the heck I should this?

Should I buy a mic? & record it that way, So I can get the full tone of the amp & bass working together? Or should I buy a small mixor and record it that way? Then pop the Cd in to the cd rom drive of my pc then edit it like I normely do?
  2. telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    Do you mean record direct from your bass through the mixer? Sure you can do that. It's up yo you. You can get some of your amp's tone by using the DI from your amp (if it has one) to the board also. The best of both worlds would be to get a small mixer and record the direct signal simulatneously with the miked signal. Then you'll wind up with two tracks of bass that you can mix and process individually until it sounds the way you want it to.
  3. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    I play through a Demeter with a DI out, I usually run out that and record. however, if you wanted the tone of the cab also, then yeah, you'd wanna mic it. otherwise, you could always go from your bass directly in, and use the mixer to tweak it however you wanted.