1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Submission Reflections - Diana Ross & The Supremes

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by chrisaxe, Jul 11, 2018.

1. chrisaxe

chrisaxe

Jul 8, 2016
    Bristol
    Hi all,

Just finished a transcription, cover and quick analysis of the 1968 classic ‘Reflections’ by Diana Ross and The Supremes. The great James Jamerson on bass.

Head over to Jamerson Analysed for this transcription, as well as a load of other Jamerson tracks broken down and analysed.

Reflections - Diana Ross and The Supremes (1968) ~ Jamerson Analysed

JimK, granzombi, tonym and 2 others like this.
  2. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    CA
    Good stuff, thanks and great bass playing too.
    James Jamerson and perhaps Sir Paul McCartney singlehandedly changed the function of a bass in a band.
    Their bass lines and rhythms added so much to the songs. A lot of the songs they play on all center around the bass.
    Those two guys and perhaps Glenn Hughes & Larry Graham were the biggest influences on my career.

chrisaxe likes this.
  3. chrisaxe

chrisaxe

Jul 8, 2016
    Bristol
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Both Jamerson and McCartney are up there for me. Just incredible, and an endless source of inspiration.

slagheap likes this.
  4. matty1039

matty1039

Oct 26, 2015
    New Orleans
    Hey, I’ve got a question for you. I’ve been doing so research on this track after hearing it for the first time in years. I love this song.

Is there a drummer on this track? I was listening to it, and I always thought there was, but now I think there might only be two tambourine players. I don’t hear any cymbals, or kick. Just that snare which could be a tambourine and the other tambourine.

I looked on Wikipedia and saw the personnel listing, which includes guitar. I don’t hear any guitar.

5. chrisaxe

chrisaxe

Jul 8, 2016
    Bristol
    I can hear what sounds like a pedalled hi-hat in the verses, but not a full kit. Sounds like some guitar in the chorus'.

6. slagheap

slagheap

Dec 23, 2011
    Glenn Hughes, yes, +1.

7. Intenzity

Intenzity

Oct 15, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    looks like the link to the transcription is busted, the google drive url 404s.

Chris_H60 likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021