Reliced Rics?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fhm555, Oct 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    Hey folks. I was lost on the net recently while waiting to get in to see a doctor and I found myself following a bunch of relic bass photos down a rabbit hole that led to more and more beat up basses. After more than a half hour of looking at beat up old basses, I realized I had not seen a single Ric in the bunch so I thought about it some more and realized I could not recall ever seeing a distressed Ric, either honest wear or reliced.

Does such exist in the real world? No pressing need to know, just idle curiosity.

2. PaulBoyer

PaulBoyer Commercial User

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Oh, they're out there, but they are not as desirable as the oddly treasured beat up P or J basses. So not many boast about their "reliced" Ricks. Personally, I cringe when I see the smallest scratch or ding. But that's me.

nixdad, BassmentPlayer and Sartori like this.
  3. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    You’ll find a few in just minutes if you look at eBay and reverb. Filter used and look for ones from the 70s-90s.

4. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    3-fullsize.jpg

fhm555, ScarfFace, alack and 2 others like this.
  5. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

They don't usually appear as beat up as old Fenders. The above pick is about the most worn I've seen. Some play wear on the back of the neck and buckle rash on the back of the body is more typical.