Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

reluctantly pleased...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by caballera, Jan 26, 2004.

1. caballera

caballera

Jan 26, 2004
    a friend dragged me to a POD show a while ago (i am not a huge fan) but i have to admit that their bassist, Traa, held my attention and was actually pretty talented.

that POD lovin friend of mine showed me this 'artist of the month' feature HERE where you can watch videos and other stuff (all free), in case anyone wants to see Traa jam. He's no master, but i kinda dig his style.

2. I'm a huge fan of POD, in large part because of traa's playing. I really admire his feel. He doesn't always play the hardest riffs, but he always places the notes just right. And he CAN play really, really good, too. Take a listen to "hollywood."

3. caballera

caballera

Jan 26, 2004
    i'm glad to hear i'm not alone on admiring Traa's playing...he does have a very good style. i've always held a petty grudge against bands like POD, but i never gave them a real chance. and i know now i shouldn't lump all those bands together (ie POD, systems of a down, limp bizkit, etc)

i'll give Hollywood a listen...thanks!:)

4. Another POD song with a good bassline is "rock the party." Granted, it's a pretty stereotypical rap/rock song, but it's really catchy. The Fundamental Elements of Southtown has some of Traa's best playing.

5. caballera

caballera

Jan 26, 2004
    thanks so much for the recommendations! i really appreciate them...keep 'em coming!

is 'the fundamental elements of southtown' one of their albums?