1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Removable neck on Palatino VE-500

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by James Frang, Apr 22, 2016.

1. James Frang

James Frang Inactive

Mar 28, 2016
    Arkansas
    Hi everyone !
    I'm pretty well finish with modifying my Palatino (photos have been posted on a previous thread) but to finish things off I'm curious if anyone who owns a Palatino ve-500 has modified the bass with a removable neck or if anyone can explain the best way to remove the neck and have it set up with some kind of bolt on system and make it even more travel friendly when flying and being able to put it in a golf hardshell case to travel abroad similar to the Eminence bass.
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  2. Harry Monkley

Harry Monkley

Jan 16, 2016
    I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but the two sensible options IMHO in this situation are;

- Find a hard case that fits your Palatino as it is and don't bother modding it.

- Sell the Palatino and buy a good quality used EUB that already has a removable neck or is more compact.

Remember to factor in excess baggage charges for oversize items if applicable, and how often you fly.
    Airline Restrictions Master List

Any modding you attempt isn't going to add any value, and if it's done badly may leave you with firewood.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020