Replacement 10 inch speakers for Ampeg 8x10e

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr.Sharkfist, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Mr.Sharkfist

Mr.Sharkfist

Nov 8, 2015
    Hi everyone, I recently picked up an Ampeg 8x10e bass cab to voice my Fender Bassman 100 and noticed a problem.... Unsure if one of the speakers is blown or damaged (possibly because it is used and old) sounding muddy and slightly rattling I want to know if I need to replace some of the speakers. Needing some good brands for 10 inch bass speakers.
    Thank you.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    I suggest checking each speaker to make sure all are mounted properly and tightened down.

Pics?

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  3. I would love to see that as well. Most especially the wiring harness that interconnects all of those speakers..

Possible?
    . .

4. Problem aside, do you like how it sounds?
    Replace any bad speakers with OEM.
    Contact Ampeg and see what they suggest for replacements, if OEM are not available.
    Some of the Ampeg enthusiasts on TB may have some add'l advice.
    I can't think, right off the top of my head, who any of them are right now.
    image.jpeg
    Stumbo is right on the money to check for mechanical cabinet vibrations.

5. Mr.Sharkfist

Mr.Sharkfist

Nov 8, 2015
    Yeah that's a good I idea. I will try to get some pics in a minute here. I could only take a picture of the speakers themself in the cab, it's getting late where I am.

Stumbo likes this.
  6. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Also make sure insulation has not come loose and is resting in a speaker cone.

7. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
  8. Mr.Sharkfist

Mr.Sharkfist

Nov 8, 2015
    Thanks, upon looking at the speakers nothing seems to be wrong, all tight. Of course I'm no expert

Attached Files:

9. Mr.Sharkfist

Mr.Sharkfist

Nov 8, 2015
    Another pic

Attached Files:

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022