1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

replacing the logo?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kwesi, Feb 22, 2008.

1. How do you do it? and where would you find the logo you want to replace your old one with?

2. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    Hold on let me go get my 10 ft. pole...:bag::help:

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147

What bass and why? It is a legit restoration? :eek:

If I were you, I'd be careful about this. It is a good way to catch a lot of FLAK, and end up on some people's ignore list for good...IMHO.

It has happened before. :eyebrow:

4. im going to take a WILD guess and say you want to change a Squier logo to a Fender logo?.... if this is the caset hen im not even going to waste my time..

5. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    Haha give it a chance! Maybe its a Squier to a Rickenbacker!

6. lmao... yeah it would be funny for something like that to occur:bassist:

7. jakusx

jakusx

Nov 11, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale
    The only time I changed a logo was when I modified my Squier telecaster so much it didn't feel like the same geetar anymore.
    The logo I put on it was my Fiance's nickname.
    I got the lettering for the logo from an old Mini-Cooper advertisement that came in Wired magazine.

Her nickname isn't Fender.

8. Acetone usually does the trick I'm told...

9. The way my Squier plays, I'd like to put a Squier logo on my American Fender :D

10. Now that's funny.:D

Bob

11. But then people with be blown away by your sound untill they see it's a Squier, then they will find faults with it.

12. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I'm modding a Squire Precision pretty heavily (prolly only the body will remain) and I'd love a Fender or Squier FRANKENBASS sticker for the headstock. It's going to be wenge so white or white and gold lettering would be best. Any idea who makes these?

13. I never play outside of my office/den so the only ones I blow away are my 4 legged entourage :scowl:

14. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    ok

so u get it off with acetone?

i'm gonna take my f bass logo off and replace it with SX.

15. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    What the heck is a "caset hen"? :smug:

16. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147

Maybe he was in a hurry, and meant to type:
    "If this is coming out on cassette, then I am not going to even bother..." :D :D :D

17. well actually i bought an SX neck but it came without a logo and Kurt said that one cannot be pplaced on so i'm just looking for anything that'll make my headstock look less naked...

18. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Ok then, what kind of logo are you trying to put on? Something personal, or some company's logo?

19. That's a great link. I've done a refin of an inexpensive bass and was thinking of making my last name into a logo and putting it on the headstock. That would really make it mine. But it's this bass, and since the headstock is mostly black, I'd probably need to do the logo in silver or some other contrasting color to make it visible.
    P-Jbassfull.

One of my band-mates has a parts-copy of a Strat, and the headstock logo is "Mr. Gone".

I have the obvious ethical questions around replacing the logo on a less expensive bass with a logo from a more expensive bass. Regardless of how one rationalizes it in their own mind, it's neither accurate nor truthful, and I think it's unethical. I disapprove. However, there are other, perfectly justifiable reasons to create a headstock logo.