Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

resistors?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by joshsmog, Mar 9, 2004.

1. hey, im thinking about making a big muff pi and i wanna know some sites where i can get all the parts from, i found a site where i can get the diodes and transistors but i cant find anywhere get the other stuff.

Thanks.

2. the only thing i cant find now is the capacitors, can anyone help me out?

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    radioshack is actually not a bad place to get resistors of there is one nearby. They actually have quite a bit

4. I get a lot of stuff from Parts Express, www.partsexpress.com They have a wide variety of parts for the do-it-yourselfer

For harder to find electronic stuff (more unusual transistors, capacitors, etc) I use Mouser www.mouser.com

Or Digikey www.digikey.com

These three sites are among the largest on-line electronics suppliers. I get a few things from Radio Shack but their prices are high and their selection is limited.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Mouser and Digikey are my favorites. But for a one stop shop, you can't beat Steve at Small Bear.

6. whoa thats alot of sites. thanks.

7. hey what thingies are the ones i can change to get more bass response?

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If the box has a small value input or output capacitor like.01uF, you can change the capacitor to a larger value such as.1uF and this will feed the unit more bass. If you change the input capacitor to a larger value, you will put more bass into the distortion circuit. If you change the output capacitor to a larger value, you will output more bass after the distortion.

9. i guess ill try it after i make it then decide if i need to do any replacing.

10. i cant find any cool knobs, i want some heavy duty metal ones and all im seeing is plastic weak looking knobs.
    anyone know where to get some good knobs?