Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by joshsmog, Mar 9, 2004.

1. hey, im thinking about making a big muff pi and i wanna know some sites where i can get all the parts from, i found a site where i can get the diodes and transistors but i cant find anywhere get the other stuff.

2. the only thing i cant find now is the capacitors, can anyone help me out?
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    radioshack is actually not a bad place to get resistors of there is one nearby. They actually have quite a bit
  4. I get a lot of stuff from Parts Express, They have a wide variety of parts for the do-it-yourselfer

For harder to find electronic stuff (more unusual transistors, capacitors, etc) I use Mouser

Or Digikey

These three sites are among the largest on-line electronics suppliers. I get a few things from Radio Shack but their prices are high and their selection is limited.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Mouser and Digikey are my favorites. But for a one stop shop, you can't beat Steve at Small Bear.
  6. whoa thats alot of sites. thanks.
  7. hey what thingies are the ones i can change to get more bass response?
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If the box has a small value input or output capacitor like.01uF, you can change the capacitor to a larger value such as.1uF and this will feed the unit more bass. If you change the input capacitor to a larger value, you will put more bass into the distortion circuit. If you change the output capacitor to a larger value, you will output more bass after the distortion.
  9. i guess ill try it after i make it then decide if i need to do any replacing.
  10. i cant find any cool knobs, i want some heavy duty metal ones and all im seeing is plastic weak looking knobs.
    anyone know where to get some good knobs?