1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reunion Blues Leather guitar straps?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DrayMiles, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DrayMiles

DrayMiles

Feb 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I was perusing over the reunion blues website and noticed that they don't have the selection of guitar straps that they used to..

They used to make some serious road worthy, last for a lifetime guitar straps, but it seems that instead of being made of leather, they're now made of wool..

Good quality wool, but it's still wool..

Does anyone know what happened? I bought my strap from them in 1988 and it's the best (and only) one I've ever owned of that quality, It's still looking good...

Is it an economic decision? It just seems a shame to me.. and I was considering buying another one. I know I might be able to look around and see one on line.. I'll also state I don't want another brand.

thanks!

2. STARKEY97

STARKEY97

Jun 5, 2007
    I also note with regret REUNION BLUES decision to discontinue their leather strap production. I have owned two guitar straps since 1975 and both were RB's. I have looked & am still looking for used ones. They have no equal that i have seen. They will not even repair the old ones. Sad very sad. RB choose 1 model leather strap----build it -----we will buy it

3. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  4. STARKEY97

STARKEY97

Jun 5, 2007
    glenn cronkhite custom cases
    I contacted Mr Cronkhite & ordered 3 straps. They were wonderful. In the $30-40 area.
    They were perfect.
    I can now retire my 25 year old RB strap. He has a full range of products and he is totally separate from Reunion Blues. I recommend this man with the highest of endorsement.

5. Frankensticks

Frankensticks

Nov 10, 2011
    Austin Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses/Presonus Audio
    This is wonderful....I also had a wide padded leather bass strap from Reunion Blues and it was so comfortable. I had it stolen along with 2 PBasses from one of the theaters I work at and was so disappointed to see that RB wasn't selling them anymore. I have emailed Glenn and hope that I can get a couple from him. Thanks for posting the info on him. This is great!

6. "They used to make some serious road worthy, last for a lifetime guitar straps"

That might be the very problem. No repeat business.

7. deaf pea

deaf pea

Mar 24, 2005
    Cuernavaca 1 hr S Mexico City
    Seymour Duncan/Basslines SMB-5A Endorsing Artist
    Cronk is an old friend of mine . . . we lived together (also Bill Connors* lived with us) in Stinson Beach in Marin County in 1972 . . . :cool: . . .

*of Return to Forever fame . . . he was the 1st guitar player in RTF . . . Al DiMeola was after Bill Connors . . .

8. DrayMiles

DrayMiles

Feb 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Thanks for the update... Wow, it took 5 years, but it was worth it.. Getting the lowdown, that is! ;)

9. I have a Cronkite leather gig bag that has held up well for over 5 years.

Well made, price fairly for the quality and made in the USA.

RJM

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020