1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reverend Justice Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ironderby, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Anyone know what they're like? Only one store (according to the website) that sells them here in the UK, so it will be hard trying to track one down to check them out before i buy

2. Dave Siff

Dave Siff Supporting Member

I played one in a music store for a few minutes. It's nice. Does a good J-bass impersonation, if that's the tone you're after. Sounds a little thin compared to the Decision or the Thundergun, both of which have the humbucker in the bridge position. The neck is more like a P-bass.. 1 11/16" at the nut.
    I think you can't go wrong with a Reverend, but I'm a little biased. I'd also search for one of the original, semi-hollow Rumblefish before I bought one of the new models. All Reverends are cool, but the Rumblefish was (and is) something special.

3. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    I wasn't impressed. Just didn't feel the looks, build quality, or tone offered anything really compelling in a J configuration for me.

Nothing in common with the Rumblefish designs except the Reverend name.

4. thanks guys :)

5. I bought one at Bass Northwest three months ago. That Chronic Blue one. It's an incredible bass. The craftsmanship is remarkable for a bass at 900 and I really dig the action on it compared to a Fender J Bass. It offers a vintage look with great resonance (thru-body strings) and you can easily work a nice gritty vibe out with the gain up on your amp.

6. kerrycares

kerrycares Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Michigan
    love mine...... 70's jazz bass

7. FretlessFatty

FretlessFatty

Nov 23, 2012
    Any more experiences with, or opinions about, the Reverend Justice out there? Comparison to a Fender Jazz Bass? Comparison to the Reverend Decision bass?

8. ScottyDont

ScottyDont Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2012
  9. firecrasher

firecrasher

May 31, 2013
    Baltimore
    I played a new one at Crossroads Guitar Shop in Falls Church, VA a few months ago. It's quite a nice bass. The neck is kind of in-between P and J, and the back is more flat than rounded. The body is a bit on the thinner side.