For Sale Rick Turner Renaissance 5 string Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Daniel Immel, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Spruce Top, Tortoiseshell style body binding and headstock plate. Plays, Looks, and sounds amazing. Has the Strap Horn dongle to set the center of gravity properly to nix the neck dive (installed at Rick's shop), also has the thumb rest installed at their shop. I don't want to let go of this but I'm playing my Pentabuzz so much more that this isn't getting the love it deserves. Good Condition (a couple of dings visible in photos, and a hairline fracture on the back that was repaired by Rick himself in Santa Cruz), which has no real effect on the tone because of Rick's piezo system mounting. Also the truss rod terminus cover is missing (was missing when I got it). Comes with black "genuine baby-naga" gig bag and has a fresh set of strings on now. Buyer pays shipping/packaging.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Fred312b and EdwardofHuncote like this.
  2. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Great basses. :thumbsup:

Daniel Immel likes this.
  3. Yeah. I love this one both for it's tone and it's lineage. The fact that it's as LIGHT as one can imagine a bass being helps a lot for those playing long hours.

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    I have one of these and love it... If this were fretted I might be thinking about it!

Daniel Immel likes this.
  5. Ricky_K

Ricky_K Rick K Supporting Member

May 14, 2013
    St. Paul, MN
    Very interested and sent you a PM.

I have a 4-string fretless RT in immaculate shape. This may go up for sale.

-Rick

Daniel Immel likes this.
  6. Hello Rick. I just replied to your PM. VERY sorry for the delay in replying. Hope to hear back from you soon. Dan

7. slothlane

slothlane Inactive

May 23, 2012
    35 scale correct?

8. Yes, it's 35". I'm not sure if Rick made or makes the 5 in 34". The B is a huge sound and balanced with the rest of the instrument.

9. ben avner

ben avner

Feb 26, 2015
    is the bass still available?

Daniel Immel likes this.
  10. Hello Ben. It is indeed still available.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021