Rickenbacker 4001cs Horseshoe pickup cover

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by cesar pena, Mar 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. cesar pena

cesar pena

Oct 20, 2018
    Just recently purchased a Rick 4001cs and it’s missing the bridge pickup cover. Does anybody know where I can get just the cover?

ric.png ric.png

2. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Go to the RIC website; click on "Boutique"; and shop away. 4003 and 4001 pickup covers are identical (ask me how I know...;)). Last time I checked, the covers were getting... a little pricey, IMO. If you don't want to spend that much coin? Try eBay, or something similar. Or, somebody here might want to get rid of theirs; an awful lot of people yank them off their Rick. My '73 4001 still had it's cover; my '01 COY 4003 did not. I replaced the 4001's cover with a new one, but... the rest of the bass was so roadworn, it looked very out of place. So, the old one went back on...:cool:

cesar pena likes this.
  3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Out there!
    To put it back to spec. you would have to procure a pair of the RI shoes. But they are not essential if the pickup sounds good as is. As mentioned above, a "normal" 4001/3 cover will work fine.

cesar pena likes this.
  4. cesar pena

cesar pena

Oct 20, 2018
    thanks, guys. I found one on ebay for U$169,00. s-l1600.jpg

woodyng2 likes this.
  5. That looks like the entire pickup….and isn’t that a “real” horseshoe?
    Great find and price if so! :thumbsup:

cesar pena likes this.
  6. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Out there!
    Isn't that one of those Argentinian copies?

cesar pena likes this.