1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker truss rod video

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wyldryce, Apr 20, 2015.

1. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    So, in preparation for the sale/trade of my '77 Ric, the time came for me to adjust the truss rod on my trusty 4001 and armed with Joey Vasco's web page (though sadly without the video anymore) I decided I could take this on myself. I setup all my other instruments, and I didn't see why I couldn't manage with the Ric as well. Then it occurred to me, why not make a video of the process in an attempt to help anybody else in the future...so here's my (probably over-long) contribution to the Ric You-tube content of the world.

Hope this helps somebody out, and thanks again to Rickenbrother (Joey) over on the Rickresource forum for all the tech advice you've disseminated to the public!

Cheers,
    R

GtenderG and Gilmourisgod like this.
  2. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

Nice video!

wyldryce likes this.
  3. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Well done! I hope you have posted this on RRF, they would really appreciate this, takes the mystery out of the process.

4. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    thanks! Yeah, I did post it over at the RRF, though I only did it on the end of an old thread in which Joey discussed his video (which he has long since pulled). I don't know the backstory there, and I hope I won't upset anybody with it, but really, people should be empowered to work on their own instruments...at least that's what I believe. I am a member there, though I've only ever really been a lurker, so that was my first post. Consequently, it wouldn't let me embed, so I just posted the link. Maybe a moderator over there will sticky it?

5. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    I'll go on RRF myself and post a link to the Youtube video if that helps, been a member for a while.

6. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Looks like JPS beat you to it...at least in the thread I originally posted it too. It could probably stand it's own thread though.

7. GtenderG

GtenderG

Feb 29, 2008
    Thanks for posting. Lots of great info.