Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RIP Reggie White

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hall of Fame lock, Reggie White suffered a major heart attack and died this morning. I was a huge fan of the "Minister of Defense", and I'll admit that I welled up a little when I heard about this. He was only 43. :(

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Oh dang. This is terrible. Reggie White was a hometown hero from where I'm from. RIP Reggie.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    wow woodchuck, thanks for giving me a heads up
    even though i'm a giant fan i always had nothing but respect for reggie. he was truly a great man and passionate about all that he did.
    rip reg

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I hate watching football... I loved Reggie White...

RIP man

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    seriously,

first the whole TO thing, and now, Reggie?? tough times in PA. :(

6. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    heart attack at 43 after being in the NFL? Steroids?

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Whatever the casue, a little respect would be nice. :(

RIP. :(

8. I just heard about this... So sad... :(

He's in a better place now.

9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Respect is givin, I just think it's kind of strange for a 43 year old to die of a heart attack after years in the NFL. Pro athletes are usually well conditioned, more then the average American at least.

10. Remember Darrell Kyle, the pitcher for the cardinals? Died at like, age 33, from heart failure. It happens.

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Darrell Kyle had cocaine in his system. Reggie was a big man, and depending on his diet and the fact the these newer pain relievers are being connected to heart problems, it doesn't automatically mean steriods.

13. Darryl Kile, according to autospy reports, did NOT have cocaine in his system. The following is an excerpt from an AP story:

"St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile died from a blockage of the arteries supplying the heart, and there was no evidence any drug use contributed to his death, Cook County's coroner said Tuesday.

Kile died of natural causes, according to Edmund Donoghue, the county's chief medical examiner.

Toxicology tests did show evidence of marijuana use, although it was probably indicative of use weeks before and did not contribute to Kile's death, Donoghue said.

Tests were negative on steroids, alcohol, cocaine and ephedrine, a substance commonly found in dietary supplements banned by some sports.

Kile, 33, had a 90 percent blockage in two coronary arteries, Donoghue said, confirming his preliminary analysis shortly after the death. He also had an enlarged heart and a blood clot in one of the coronary arteries."

This is the kind of story that you do not want to get wrong, then spread it. Think twice. :scowl:

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Settle down peewee. ESPN ran a story on a preleminary report after it happened. I stand corrected.

15. Not excited in the least, little man. You have to have the facts straight when talking about something like this. I would expect you to know that, that's all.

16. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    You know, I never cared for the teams he played on. However, I would watch them to see Reggie in action. What an awesome player he was.

I hope his family is doing OK.

RIP Reggie :(

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    They're now saying that he had sleepapnia (sp?). His breathing stopped in his sleep and never started back. My brother, who's a big guy, stops breathing when sleeps sometimes. Even though we bug him to check it out, he's not worried about. Maybe this will change his mind.

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)

:D