Roasted Maple W/Black Blocks VS Roasted Flame Maple W/Abalone Dots

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassi5t, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Bassi5t

Bassi5t

Jul 18, 2017
    I am having a heck of a time deciding between these two options:

Roasted maple with black block inlays
    or
    Roasted flam maple with abalone dot inlays

I am custom ordering a new neck for my Warmoth bass. I have never been too happy with the yellow tinge of my vintage tint neck and i got new tuners that i have been coveting for years and they are too small for the tuner holes i have now so i figure its a good time for a new neck.

I currently have a maple on maple neck with pearl block inlays and vintage tint. I have thought through all of the wood options and have finally settled on roasted maple. I have a dinky J body in daphne blue and a friend has custom painted a pickguard for me, tiki style!

I like the look and simplicity of the black blocks. I also love the look of the flame maple and abalone inlays. The inlays and look of the flame maple would match wonderfully with the pickguard's tiki-ness but the black blocks on roasted maple has a sort of laissez-faire rock feel to it... at least more-so than the flame.

Whitch would you all choose?

2. Roasted and abalone. I like the contrast in color.

kesslari likes this.
  3. PeaveyPlayer

PeaveyPlayer Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I'd go for black

4. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Roasted flame maple with abalone blocks :)

NigelD likes this.
  5. Bassi5t

Bassi5t

Jul 18, 2017
    That's a no brainer but unfortunately Warmoth does not offer abalone inlays. Yes I have considered stickers but I just can't do that.

Funny thing is now I am considering Birdseye maple with cream binding and MOP blocks with abalone side dots...

Eugene.thomas87 likes this.
  6. Eugene.thomas87

Eugene.thomas87

Nov 20, 2008
    KY
    Interested in the maple neck with pearl blocks, send me a pm, so you can go ahead and order a roasted flame maple with black blocks!!!!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021