Rob Trujillo jamming with Nickel Creek

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Nov 28, 2003.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I saw a Nickle Creek video tonight and who was playing the bass; none other than Rob Trujillo. He was playing DB of course.

Just thought that was pretty cool. :)
  2. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I mean Nickel Creek. Sorry about the typo.
  3. That's pretty awesome. I wish more rock musicians had such stylistic diversity.

I remember Pat Metheny once saying that he heard the Police soundchecking to "Bright Size Life" when he saw them in '78. Now that's cool.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I heard about this, I'm not that interested in Nickel Creek. Was this a music video?

Nickel Creek came to Edinboro and were playing. I didn't see them, but I'd wager that Robbie wasn't with them, he's probably touring the St. Poop album with Metallica.
  5. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Nice video...
    Nickel Creek kicks some booty.
    (They cover "Taxman" very well). ;)

And Trujillo is playing a nice Jazz vamp in the video.
  6. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yeah, NC really does kick some booty. Of course, they probaly don't go over well with the "Bluegrass purists". I really don't care though because I've never been a purist. Hey Jim, do you listen to Robinella and the CC Stringband also?

Pete: Welcome back. I agree, I wish musicians were more open to other styles. I'm not suprised though about the Police. Stewart Copeland is a Jazz trained drummer. Definatley, they all have the chops to pull it off.

On a slightly related Metallica/bassist note: last night I also saw a news program with Jason Newstead. He's involved in a children's organization that provides kids with music/instruments/ect. He was jamming with the drummer from the Meters on orginal music written by the kids!
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    No, can't say I'm familiar with them.

Regarding The Police-
    Look at the stuff Andy Summers pulled off post-Police.

Newstead is jamming with George Porter, Jr.(Meters' bassist) on the latest Gov't Mule CD/DVD.
    A very happenin' release, IMO.
    (Great stocking stuffer for those who don't have it).