Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Robert Trujillo?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by xofnahtan, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Anybody know who he's been playing with lately?
    Any opinions about him?
    I personaly like his work with Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves better than the stuff he did with Metallica or Ozzy.

2. Hes with Metallica now, theyre going to record a new album this month i think.

3. I didn't know if he was still with them or not.

4. Lewi_wilko

Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    Yea i agree, his stuff with infectious grooves is amazing! i love it

5. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    He has'nt recorded anything with Metallica, St.Anger was all Bob Rock playing bass. This next album hopefully coming out in 2006 will have Trujillo actually playing bass for the first time in the studio with Metallica.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

He is working with Metallica now and i believe he is gearing up to recorded his first album with them very soon. :hyper: :bassist:

7. True but he's the one that plays it live.

Sorry, I should have searched for him but I didn't think that he would have been posted about that.

Hopefully its better than St. Anger, I'm sorry but I hated that cd.

8. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    Yea, alot of people didn't take to that album all to well, me being one of them. hopefully the next one well have better sounding drums in it.

9. Isn't Lars going deaf though? I thought that was why they didn't sound sound to good.

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It's worse than that - it was suppose to sound like it does. Apparently, "raw" and "edgy" now means "bad Pro-Tools editing" and "Hefty Trashy Can Signature Snares". :scowl:

I much prefer Matt Smith's tribute myself. A metal folding chair as snare, I kid you not... and it's more "metal" than anything on St. Anger.

"Complex just like '...Justice!'", indeed. :D

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    THERE IT IS! I was wondering what happened to that song.. hehe.

12. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    i saw the some kind of monster documentary and it looked like Rob Trujillo locked himself in a room and learned the parts to their songs...

so he either did the exact same stuff as Bob Rock recorded, or added some touches or made compeltely new stuff for the live tour...

On the St. Anger CD/DVD, the DVD shows the whole album getting practiced and he did some different stuff.

I know what you mean though, it is hard to get a gig with Metallica and Ozzy and decide to all of a sudden slap through everything and add some infectous grooves stuff to their already 20 year old tunes...

He just has to go with what was made before he was in there for the most part.. but he has millions now so who cares

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Rob really did learn that material fast. :bassist:

14. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    When St Anger was first released it came with a bonus CD of the whole album recorded live with Robert on bass, much better than the studio version! They probably won't let Robert record any side projects. :eyebrow:

15. steve21

steve21 Banned

I dunno, considering how much warmer they are to him than Jason when he first came and all the therapy stuff they went thru, I think James might be okay with it.

But that's all int eh future, get to writing a new CD, 'tallica.

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    They hammered the crap out of that therapist for asking Rob if he was going to feel satisfied creatively in Metallica or if he's going to be looking for other projects to do as well. So I think they've lightened up on the side project thing. Still, Rob hasn't done one since joining Metallica, so they may not.