Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roger Glover

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by nonsqtr, May 5, 2004.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Whatever happened to Roger? He was one badass bass player back in the day. I especially remember one quote of his in an interview: "my job is to hold down a steady bass line when all hell is breaking loose out there". Is he back with Purple again? Are they doing anything these days?

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Glover can be seen & heard jamming with The Mule on their most recent offering, The Deepest End.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    He is still with Purple, and they released a new album last year, called Bananas.

I saw them with Steve Morse on guitar and Brian Auger on keys two years ago, great show, but I missed Jon (not Richie though, Steve rocks).

4. My band opened for Steve Morse (not D.P.) a couple of years ago just before he left to do the very DP tour you speak of. And at the same time we were doing the New Orleans show, Mule was in town as well. (Unfortunately, sans Roger Glover).
    Anyhow...yes he is still a DP fixture! If he ever does vacate the position, Im going to apply!

5. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I liked brian auger playing keys w/ Klaus Doldinger on Doldinger's Jubilee from the mid 70's