1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roland Cube 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Earwaxsculptor, Feb 18, 2008.

1. So I walked into a local music store today on lunch and saw the floor model of this thing on sale for $349, came home checked MF price and immediately went back to the store and snagged it. All I gotta say is WOW this is a very nice little combo amp, lots of sounds in this thing and it gets LOUD. Also, it seems to have a very lush chorus and flange, along with some other quality effects, but that might be me overly "new amp" exited...... Now I am not one to usually buy a display but the only thing I saw wrong with it was one tiny ding in the tolex on the back of the amp so I think I made a wise choice. All in all another solid product from Roland if you ask me.

2. Congratulations on a great purchase. A couple years ago I was looking at basses and the store person plugged me into a Cube 30. I was thinking to myself that it would sound awful but I was absolutely blown away by the sound that was coming from it. Very rich and clear all from a tiny combo.

3. vcs700s

vcs700s

Nov 17, 2006
    Stephenson, VA
    Thanks for the post. My lovely wife bought me the Bass Cube 30 for Christmas. I like it so much I am thinking about buying the BC 100 to keep at church to use when I play.

Great little amp and it handles a B string nicely!

I highly recommend it.:D

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Last fall, I was set to replace a 30 watt Behringer practice combo. I wanted a better sounding and more useable amp. I thought long and hard about getting a 4 ohm Yamaha BTT110 cab to use with my Markbass head. I then looked at a number of small combos and stumbled upon the Roland CB100. I was very impressed. I have used in 4 gigs so far. This weekend, my Markbass/SWR head and cab will stay home.

Quite an impressive lightweight loud unit. Congrats on the purchase.

5. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Good score! I've posted many times about the Cube 100, which is one of my favorite, most essential pieces of gear. The volume from such a small 100 watt combo is astounding, and I think the tone is fantastic especially in Super Flat mode. I'm not crazy about the effects, but they're good for experimenting. And mine seems to be getting noisy after two years of use, but it would be a problem only at high volumes. But perhaps I'm just getting more sensitive to it.

6. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Yes, they are great amps. I'm in a Beatles band and my Hofner Icon through the Bassman model is McAwesome!