Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ROLAND DB700 WEAK POINTS !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mohsen, Jan 27, 2005.

1. mohsen

mohsen

Nov 20, 2004
    hey guy
    did you ever tried db700?
    if you did, what 's the db700 weak points???

2. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I really like mine. I use a sansamp BDDI with it and the tone is incredible. If there are any weak points, I guess it would be that there are only two memory positions to save to. Other than that I love it! It's compact, very portable, You can remove the rear casters and use it as a tiltback, It has a Di output and it is loud as heck.[​IMG]

3. mohsen

mohsen

Nov 20, 2004
    that's true ,but I heard db700 has problem in its memory.

4. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I don't know anything about that, I have not had any problems yet.

5. Radiobass

Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    In my opinion, the ONLY thing that can make the Roland DB series better would be 7-band EQ.

Anyone else interested in the new Roland DB amps? I want to try one out so bad...

6. only thing i ever heard is that on occasion players would descover the speakers were glued into the cabinet they were pushing their combos so hard :D . but also i heard that they would sometimes just go dead for no reason

7. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Must have been when they were pushing their amps so hard that it jiggled the on/off switch into the off position. [​IMG]

8. mohsen

mohsen

Nov 20, 2004
    I have roland db700 and when I play hard with that the its memory don't work?
    I don't know the reason???
    but it's very loud and great sound.

9. mohsen

mohsen

Nov 20, 2004
  10. I just bought a DB500, and so far so good, sounds awsome, fantastic tone together with my Yamaha BB3000S, and I can't wait to gig it.

Anyone else have one?

11. I have a DB500 and like it alot. For what I got it for, practice, rehearsal and recording, it's great. I have heard people complain about the whole DB line of amps sounding sterile but I disagree. You just have to spend some time with them. I often wonder how many gear reviews are given based on 5 minutes worth of messing around in a Guitar Center.