1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roland KC550

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by citizenkoehn, Aug 17, 2012.

1. citizenkoehn

citizenkoehn

Jul 24, 2012
    Hey Guys!

There have been a few posts about using a Roland KC550 as a bass amp, so I thought I'd create a dedicated thread, starting with my own question:

For those of you that have used the KC550 as a bass amp, are there any considerations regarding the use of active vs. passive basses?

Right now, I've got a cheap Washburn bass, but I'm looking to upgrade to an Epiphone Thunderbird Pro. The Thunderbird has active pickups, and I'm just not sure if this could cause problems with the KC550. Here is a link to the KC550 product page: http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=555.

I also send my bass through a Digitech BP355. If anyone has any opinions on this setup, specifically if it is safe to use, please let me know. Thanks!!

Pete

2. I play keys though my Roland KC550 amp - great amp, however the input jacks are padded down which isn’t great for passive bass, but it does work.

EDIT: Oh, and I've never tried an active bass into by KC550 - but I doubt it would damage the amp if that's what you're asking.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    each channel on the Roland has a gain control. It will need to be set according to the signal you give it, but that's it. I use a KC350 for keyboards, but a bass rig for gigging keys.