1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED Roscoe Century 5 string, J/MM in new condition. TRADES UPDATED.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chuck M, May 8, 2015.

1. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_2945_zps91u4xbkh. IMG_2946_zpsxg2zqwsj. IMG_2948_zpsdqxt1tbg. IMG_2949_zpsmaaydlvr. IMG_2950_zpsmk66uqnh. IMG_2951_zpsx542yfrt. IMG_2952_zpsmmcdvq8t.

Stunning Roscoe Century 3005 with Exhibition Spalted Maple top, Spanish Cedar body, matching fingerboard inlay, Diamondwood nut, Wenge fingerboard and Bartolini J/MM pickups and electronics. The bass has the optional 19mm string spacing. There is a coil selector switch for the MM pickup. The bass is in new condition and has no issues of any kind. Comes in the original hardcase with the letter from Keith Roscoe and the tools included with the bass.

This is a very versatile bass and it sounds terrific. Various tones are possible with the fine electronics in this bass.

New cost of this one would be $5450. Street price would be about $4085. My price is $2700 shipped to the lower 48 states. Paypal is okay.

I am open to trades or partial trades. Interested in a Roscoe with standard string spacing or Zon or G.Gould 5 strings in new condition. I would also consider trading for a Roscoe, G. Gould or Zon 6 with similar specs including gloss finish, dark colored fingerboard that weighs less than 10 pounds. I could also use a like new Fender American Standard or American Pro Precision 4 or 5 string. Prefer sunburst on the Precision.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  2. Tewest86

Tewest86 Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    I'm curious, does this sound like a Lakland 55-02/94 with the Bart electronics?

3. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    34" or 35" scale?

4. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    It is a 35 inch scale. It does not sound much like a Lakland. Every Roscoe bass I've played, including this one, have the best B string in the business. This bass seems to be able to cover more tonal territory than the 55-94 I used to own. I know this is vague...but this bass sounds bigger than a Lakland.

5. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Ooo. Pretty one there. Looks great.

6. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    FL
    What's the width at the nut?

7. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    From outside to outside at the nut, the neck measures 1.960". From outside the 1st string to outside the 5th string measures 1.660". So center to center on the outside strings is 1.575. I believe the neck is pretty close to the standard on the nut end. Of course, it is wider on body end.

8. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Very Nice!

9. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Guessing it has a bigger sound than a Lakland, due to the MM p'up being in the sweet spot (as opposed to closer to the bridge).

10. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Pickup position seems like it would indeed contribute to the Roscoe's tone. The electronics have also been tweeked to Roscoe specs and the construction of the neck must surely play a part in the tone of this bass.

11. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Gard told me that what makes their basses special, are how they construct the necks. They must be wizards in NC, because mine have the SICKEST and most amazing low-B's I've ever owned.

seang15 likes this.
  12. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Also the fret jobs are just perfect. The basses are so easy to set up because there are no issues to deal with.

I think you are correct....they are bass wizards in North Carolina.

seang15 and lamxyz like this.
  13. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That MM pickup appears to be in the Stingray position.

14. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I believe you are correct.

Surprised that this bass did not sell quickly. It is a special one.

15. rmars

rmars

Jan 2, 2004
    Bettendorf, Ia
    Just beautiful! A 19mm Roscoe is on top of my dream bass list and that ones a dandy. Unfortunately its not in the budget this year. Bump for a gorgeous bass. GLWTS.

16. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Bump for a great TB'er to deal with and a really nice playing and sounding bass!

Good luck with the sell Chuck.

17. JohnnyR

JohnnyR Don't Believe Everything You Think

Jun 4, 2012
    Georgia
    I remember playing this one on a number of occasions. Plays like a dream. That one-of-a-kind Roscoe neck and "top shelf" 'B' string.

A wide range of tones available. Clarity of sound is what I remember most (but memory is the second thing to go, and I've forgotten what the first was).

This one is a winner :hyper:

campbems likes this.
  18. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Beautiful! I love my Roscoes and this one looks spectacular. GLWS

19. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Now considering trades for this lovely Roscoe. I love everything about it except for the 19mm spacing. I am more comfortable on a standard neck because my hands are small.

I would like to sell this bass or trade for a Roscoe 5 with a standard neck and would be happy to consider a Zon 5 string as well.

I will also consider partial trades for less expensive basses plus cash.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  20. Mr.Ace

Mr.Ace Bass players rule!

Sep 8, 2015
    Pompano Beach FL
    Endorsed by Fusion ( maker of killer gig bags)
    I need this bass!