Roscoe vs Dingwall

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ragnaros, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ragnaros

ragnaros Commercial User

Dec 17, 2018
    Bangkok,Thailand
    I play metal like slipknot, Slaughter to prevail, Korn , etc. and some rock.Should I buy Dingwall NG-2 or Roscoe SKB J3

B.C. likes this.
  2. Bahjark

Bahjark

May 30, 2018
    Whichever one you want.

chadds likes this.
  3. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    IMHO

Priority 1: whichever you can afford

Priority 2: whichever plays better to you

Priority 3: whichever sounds better to you

Priority 3: whichever looks better to you

Summary: we can’t answer your question

Bahjark likes this.
  4. They’re both great quality. If it is possible in your area, it would be best if you could test one before buying. You could judge which one is most comfortable to play and sounds best to you.

5. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    I'll echo what others say that it is mostly up to you, but I'll offer maybe some perspective on each instrument. I love both Roscoe and Dingwall and currently own a different Dingwall. The SKBs are very "modern" sounding and tend towards the smoother end of the spectrum, while the Dingwall NG2 is going to be much more aggressive and tends to pair well with metal. Given the choice, I personally would choose the NG2 for a metal gig. That being said, what's most important is how you feel with the instrument and if you dig it. So if you get the chance to check them out, do so. But if you are buying sight unseen, you might consider the NG based solely on the music you'd like to play. That being said, either will work in metal. Let me know if you have any other questions!

6. NoCreativeName

NoCreativeName

Sep 6, 2019
    These are literally my two favorite brands. For playing metal I'd go the Dingwall route though I think you'll be happy with either.