Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roundabout

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by HunsBassist, Oct 3, 2004.

1. HunsBassist

HunsBassist

Oct 3, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Anybody out there have Roundabout by Yes? The main riff is all I need. If so, I can return the favor, I know tons of modern Pop punk, Blink 182, Green Day, Simple Plan, that kinda stuff, thanx a bunch

2. They have at least one accurate one on MXTabs. Check the highest rated one (or even the only one for the song, I can't remember how many that song has).

3. HunsBassist

HunsBassist

Oct 3, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Thank you, I'll check it out.

4. Hmmm, Roundabout? This is the song my dad is always going on about....perhaps I should take a listen(and bare those damn keyboards), and then learn to play it, jsut to show him I can......

5. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    There was a great transcription of Roundabout in Guitar World’s bass guitar. Sure, there have been others in mags and on-line but this magazine finally got me to try using a pick and using very deliberate muting. I would encourage you to emulate Chris Squire’s picking and muting into your rendition of this song.

Also, Yes, transcriptions tend not to be in the “site reading for beginners” category. If you’re new to picking and/or right hand muting, start with easy songs before you tackle “the big fish” ;)

6. Well, I've been using a pick for ages, I find it one of the easiest ways to play, so I'll give it a go. Bring it on!

7. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    If you get a chance and can find it...Mike Gordon (of Phish) and "the duo" did a version at Moe.down this year that is sublime. Look for it as a bittorrent.

8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Yes, this is the gospel brought down from the mountain -
    or whatever... Moe.down and Headcount should be in every bassists bible/handbook...
    He's in a whole new world now (Cactus) those 2 shows w/ the duo are unreal - screw those pesky guitarists ;) they obviously don't need them. I forget which show has the almost naked Oooh Child bass rendition?
    Sublime is very fitting.
    It's such a rediculous fit that they absolutely have to take it further (studio disc) :hyper:

9. deepestend

Feb 21, 2003
    I don't know... I hear that cactus asked the duo to be his band but they declined...they just want to do it on a special project basis.

10. deepestend

Feb 21, 2003