Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RSI: another thread.........

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rockin John, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Been doing some overtime at work recently: painting, in fact. Now I'm not a painter by profession so was surprised when my right forearm / wrist showed signs of stress. I had a small bump in the arm (thumb side) about 1" from the wrist. Stiffness, general swelling and ache went with it.

Did more painting and noticed a kind-of creaking in the arm that could be felt and heard.:eek:

Last night I went rehersing and, after a couple of hours, my arm / wrist was in quite some trouble. Funny thing is, private rehersal at home made no apparent difference to the condition. But I guess digging in a bit more made things much worse.

Now I'm quite worried about how my playing will be affected by this apparent painting induced RSI. It's clear I can't continue to play as things are. :bawl: :bawl:

Haven't see a doctor yet but, as noted, I am worried about things.

John

2. To the best of my knowledge repetitive Strain Injury doesn't give you visable bumps, but I'no expert in this field. Get along to your doctor John, maybe it's something that's easily fixed.

Keep us up to date. :meh:

3. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Sounds like a small ganglion cyst. Nothing fatal, but can be a pain in the arse. See a doc, treatment is simple.

Mike

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Get a priest to hit it with a Bible.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Know any Filipinos? They're great at psychic surgery. They can pop that thing out of there without even breaking the skin.