1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowski VTC question.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wengr, Mar 13, 2013.

  1. wengr


    Jul 21, 2010
    Hello. I have a metro Will Lee with the VTC. My question is - what type of volume pedal would I use with this bass.
    Ernie Ball shows a 250k ohm pedal "for active instruments", and a 25k ohm pedal "for passive instruments". So I would assume that the 250k would be appropriate, but what if the VTC is engaged? Would I then be able to use the 25k ohm pedal?
  2. Biggbass


    Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I would think that whatever matches the volume pot in the control cavity would work
    and would guess that the OEM Vol Pot is probably a 250.
  3. Jerry Ziarko

    Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

    Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    VTC is nothing more than a passive tone control. It does not boost the gain in any way. Sadowsky basses can be run either passive or active. I would use the pedal for active basses if I were going that route.
  4. bikeplate

    bikeplate Supporting Member

    Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Vtc is always there. I think you are referring to the preamp
  5. Mr_Dave


    Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    It's actually the other way around - 250k for passive and 25k for active. The Sadowsky is always active except for when you bypass the preamp - the VTC is always in the signal chain whether the bass is active or passive. I would think most Sadowsky users would only go to passive in an emergency situation so 25K is what you need. Cheers

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.