Sadowsky SA-200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by low_A, Apr 30, 2012.

1. low_A

low_A

Apr 30, 2012
    Hi guys,

Is there anyone still interested in Sadowsky SA-200 head?

2. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Counting down........

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Oh sure, we just love to buy $2000 amps from people who just signed on half an hour ago and tried to sneak an ad on without ponying up the $20 like I had to before I could place an ad. I'd trust you, sure.

AmericanFenderJazzMan likes this.
  4. Hi.

Welcome to TalkBass Low A.

Please do read up the FAQ and the stickies about selling/trading on this site.

Regards
    Sam

5. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Hello Low A;
    it's not clear to me what your question is about.

If this is a for sale post, this is not allowed by non-supporting members.
    If, however, you are a non-english speaker, and this a question about something else, please try again.

I'll give you some time to explain before I take any action here...thanks!

AmericanFenderJazzMan likes this.
  6. low_A

low_A

Apr 30, 2012
    I'm sorry. It might seem like I'm trying to sell it. I was just looking for information about it and by googling the results were quite old. That's why I was asking there is someone 'still' interested this discontinued but awesome amp head. I tried that once a couple years ago and still miss it.

I'm using my eden wtx260, and I'm enchanted by big chunky tube powers. So SA-200 is my first choice, yet I know it is hard to get one.

Looking for growling finger tone, in a range of $1000 - $2000: that is my goal.

Again, I appologize. I think I should be more prepared to ask something.

Thanks.

7. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    SA200s are pretty scarce these days. Popular tube amps in your price range (new or second hand) are Ampeg SVT VR and CL, Orange AD200, the new Fender Bassman range (from my own esperience) and a multitude of others. If I was only allowed one, and given your statement that you like "bug chunky tube powers" and "growling finger tone" I would be looking at an Ampeg SVT CL - but that is only my opinion. Try as many as you can to form your own opinion.

8. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    Hi low_A,
    Welcome to talkbass!
    I've got a SA200 but I rarely move it since I got the GenzBenz Streamliner.
    The SA200 (with an Aguilar db212) does all my reharsals and studio work, but the Streamliner600 (with a couple of Aguilar SL112) is what is getting used for live work.
    It captures that clean but warm and fat SA200 vibe almost 100%.

BUT: the SA200 is still my all time favourite amp!

9. low_A

low_A

Apr 30, 2012
    Thank you all. Still wondering if I can afford tube maintanance kind of thing or not.... And availability as well. Somehow I've thought of Eden VT-300B, but it's still too expensive tho.

10. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    If you can't afford the Eden, you won't like the Sadowsky pricepoint.
    The one's I've seen trade go for about 2.5 times what the Eden sells for used, as far as I've seen.

There was a nice Aguilar DB680 preamp and 628 power amp for sale here recently, but that was in the same price range as I've seen used SA200's trade at; ~$2500.

11. pbass888

pbass888 Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Denver
    I was at the sadowsky factory yesterday getting a preamp box and tried it. It is awesome in the tone but if have to be mobile or have no car (in a large metro city), probably not the best. Im not sure you get a lot of difference compared to other lower priced tubes that are used around here. My two cent is that Id rather have an old showman or bassman in great shape for that price (and cash to spare).
    Welcome to tb by the way!

12. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I know that it's not all tube, but have a look at the Genz Benz Streamliner.
    I have both and I can make them sound quite similar.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021