1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Soundclips!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ElMon, May 3, 2010.

1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Live, studio, solo in the bedroom, WHATEVER! Maybe even a sticky if we have enough of them between all of us. I'll work on getting some of mine up. I've got some good representations of two ash/maple PJ5's, one NYC and one Metro, recorded at the same venue with the same equipment.

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Sounds like a fantastic idea! I hope there are clips of basses strung with flats as well as rounds, and that there are clips free of slapping for those of us to whom slap tone is irrelevant.

3. Blake Bass

Blake Bass Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Montgomery, Texas
    +1000

4. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    If you go to my MySpace page you can hear a song I wrote using my Sadowsky Standard 4 and 5.

The Track is called "BASSically Speaking"

This was recorded direct to the board with no amp or effects. Both basses have the HC pups in this recording.
    Note: I have since switched to the Singles in the Standard 5.

If you got a myspace account add me as a friend while you are there!! Enjoy!

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK

Above is a playlist I created from a recent live show. That's my NYC PJ5 (ash/maple) strung with DR Black Beauties, being recorded out front on a Zoom Q3 recorder. The sound is basically the bass through the DI channel of my Aguilar DB750, going through the PA's mains.

Most of the other tracks aside from the 3 selected are me on my BSX EUB. Good example of how these basses sit in a mix. I'll try and get some solo recordings up featuring the same bass strung with Sadowsky flats. And I promise that I'll keep the slapping to a minimum!!!

6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
  7. P. Bass

P. Bass

Mar 17, 2010
    Toronto
    Hey,
    THAT was SOME sweet,fat tone on "BASSically Speaking"! DAMM ! I mean could it possibly be anything but a Sad !

8. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Some live clips...

#M3912 - Metro U/V ash/maple five-string; Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 > Aguilar GS112:
    So What
    A Night in Tunisia

#M432 - Metro M5-24; Epifani 502/902 (varies from clip to clip) > Epifani UL310/410 (ditto):
    Sound check jam
    Ain't Got You

Both of those M5 clips were recorded before I had the VTC installed. I'm hoping to have some fresh recordings soon - all the recent gigs have just had too much ambient noise to capture anything worth sharing. I've also used it on a couple of recent sessions, and I'm anxious to get my hands on some rough/final mixes - it sounded absolutely amazing.

9. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yeah, I'm diggin' these. :)

10. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF Bay Area, CA
    You're a good man, Vic. I know you've heard 'em before. :D

Definitely a great thread idea, though. There's a similar one in the Roscoe forum, and it's a terrific means of hearing the instruments in action and [DEL]stealing other cats' ideas[/DEL] err, gaining inspiration. ;)

11. craigb43

craigb43

Nov 20, 2007
    Oregon
    this is great !

12. craigb43

craigb43

Nov 20, 2007
    Oregon
    nice job , Getty should play a Sadowsky , wonder if he ever has ,

13. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Endorsing Artist:
    Cool! I'll share mine, even though this one is with a camcorder, but you can definitely pick up on some of the goodness part way through.

Plus.... just look at the huge crowd, huh?

I'm using my Modern 5 JJ. Roundwound strings... no VTC, I boost my bass and treble a little bit and I've got a Sansamp with the drive set to be clean when I play normally and dirty if I pick a little harder.

14. lowB_2277

lowB_2277

Aug 18, 2005
    Seattle
    Here's a clip from a couple of years ago of the Vintage 5 string direct through a 300W all tube head (6 6550's), 2 4x10 cabs blended on the board at the Sky Church at the Experience Music Project in Seattle. Very simple blues tune with a "flat tire" dotted 8th groove, but the tone gets pretty nasty.

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=140477

15. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Very cool arrangement of So What-very nice!!! I really like the way that the M5-24 sits in the mix and the growl factor as well!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

16. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    Here are a couple of short clips from a recent show: Metro RS4 with SBF40 flats, no effects, pickup selector midpoint/bridge, preamp off, through a Markbass Mini CMD 121P 1x12 Bass Combo Amp, recorded through a single Zoom placed in the front row of the room.

Not the greatest solos, but the tone of the instrument cuts through nicely for a sound sample.

Sadowsky Metro RS4 live Sidewinder solo

Sadowsky Metro RS4 live Swamba Redux solo

17. P. Bass

P. Bass

Mar 17, 2010
    Toronto
    I can't get your tunes to load. Are they still active? Thanks

18. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Endorsing Artist: