1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sadowsky Vintage PJ-5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SCT1422, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I decided to put this one up for sale.. It's a Vintage PJ-5 now with a matching headstock.. It's in excellent shape and plays like butter.. The headstock was done by Pat Wilkens and he refinished the back of the neck with a nice light satin finish.. It will ship in a Sadowsky soft hardshell case via Fedex.. Asking $3300.00 shipped in the U.S. only...
    No trades please...
    http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/5391.html[/url

2. SCT1422

Heres a pic with my Sadowsky trio.. :hyper:

3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    That looks SO much better with the matching head stock! Schweet.

4. arszon

arszon Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Texas
    +1

5. Kevin McKee

Kevin McKee Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Don't split up the trio!

6. SCT1422

Heres 2 close up shots.. I checked over the bass and cannot find any dents, nicks, dings or scratches.. Maybe some very fine light surface scratches that are typical in a used bass.. Hardly any fret wear and the only mod is the blend control is wired in the normal mode...

7. Tim Bishop

Tim Bishop Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2006
    USA
    Can you elaborate on what this means? What is normal mode? Does it mean you cannot pan between front and back pick-ups?

8. SCT1422

Sadowskys come with the blend control reversed meaning counter clockwise for the neck pickup.. Normal is clockwise for the neck pickup and counter for the bridge...

9. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    My old bass. This one absolutely kills. If you are looking for a Sadowsky PJ, jump on this. I've had three of them and you won't find better.

10. cubanz

cubanz

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    "Normal is clockwise for the neck pickup and counter for the bridge" - a pet peeve of mine on most basses. It makes so much more sense to me to turn the knob toward the pickup you want to emphasize. GLWTS

11. Nice. Do you happen to know if the body is chambered? 7.95 pounds seems very light for a 5 string jazz (which is not a bad thing)

12. atrapp

atrapp Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Nice collection of Sadowsky's... That Shoreline Gold comes me up at night!

BUMP!

13. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    You have some nice basses and I miss that sub 8lb bass on my beat up shoulders.........

14. Sessionguy

Sessionguy Inactive

Jul 24, 2011
    I agree. Makes way more sense to me that way, too.

I believe that Sadowsky refers to this as "Reverse Pan". That is to say, once it's been changed from factory settings, it is a "Reverse Pan".

15. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Sure wish this was a JJ instead of PJ bump. Good luck. Perfect weight.

16. SCT1422

Price lowered to $3300.00 shipped in the U.S. only..

17. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    Killer deal here folks! If I could swing it, this very light weight, great playing/looking bass would be gone......
    7.95 lbs?
    Bump!

18. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    I can't believe this one is still available. This was my old bass and I sold two other NYC PJ5's to buy it. The others were no slouches but this one was the best of the lot. It's a really good bass.

19. SCT1422

Sunday bumparoo !!!

20. Was this a Freudian slip by the way, or is my mind just in the gutter? LOL! :oops:

Bump for a gorgeous bass BTW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.