Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowskys hard at work

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Sep 7, 2005.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I also posted this in "Gigs".
    But played a killer festivel this weekend, two different bands on two different stages, both modern/young country. One opening for Julie Roberts.
    Arts, Beats & Eats here in Detroit (Pontiac actually)
    Just a few pix of me putting my Sadowsky 4 and 5 strings thru their paces!
    AB&E pix

Rig was like this:
    Amp and cabs were backlined.
    1st gig, national stage (stinking massive stage, big as hell FOH system)-Hartke head (don't remember which-the bi-ampable one) into a Eden 410XLT
    2nd gig, smaller stage- SWR 750X into a SWR 810.
    On both I bypassed the pre-amp and used only the power sections. For a front end I used my Groove Tubes DITTO Box tube DI.
    Both sets my tone was killin'!! Man was that rare to have both gigs just slamming like that!
    I've been playing Sadowsky's for quite a number of years now, and I still get all giddy on how well they give it up.
    At least now you guys can see what I look like!!! Cowboy hat and all!!! :D

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Cool shots!!

:cool:

3. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Thanks!
    My wife took them with her new camera (Nikon D70).
    She's still getting used to it, but they came out great!

4. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    that black 4 string sure looks great... and nice shots, congrats to your wife.

5. Which kind of Sadowsky is that white 5 string with that pickup cover? That is my dream jazz bass.. Congrats with having such a great bass. Cool pix!

6. Great pics..... looks like you were diggin' in. I wish I would have been in town to see/hear it.

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Another 5-string-Sadowsky-with-bell-cover user who wraps his thumb around the neck when below the 7th fret--glad to see I'm not alone. :D

Nice shots! Your wife did a great job. And, you look like you are having a ball, too.

What strings are you using on the Sadowskys?

8. Great pics and a beautiful JB :) I've noticed the ashtray on both your basses.. Do you use it as a thumb rest?

9. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Cool shots Mike! I really like the white Sad, sure is pretty!

10. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.

Hehe, you guys pick up the smallest things!! And yeah, I dig in quite a bit sometimes.

I use D'Addario XL nickel's on both basses.

They are both Metro's. I've owned NYC's and Metro's (as well as basses from Fodera, F Bass, Spector, Smith blah blah blah) and I'll tell ya, the Metro's are every bit a Sadowsky as an NYC. I sold my pre-graphite/thicker headstock (which from what I was told the Metro neck is made from) after I got my first Metro.
    If you don't need the crazy top and the Metro options will work for you- save yourself about $1500 and get a Metro.

Now the test to this will be KJung's NYC 5 vs. my Metro 5. His NYC specs out exactly like my white Metro, color, pickguard and all!

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Sadowsky Rules! :hyper: :bassist:

12. Lookin good (I bet sounding good, too!).

The black 4 banger is an especially great looking bass.

Congrats.

Jonathan

13. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Another country guy (like myself). Another Sadowsky player. Great taste abounds!

Great pics man. Who is the cat you are playing with/for?

14. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Hehe!! I TRY and have good taste like you guys, and yeah, I'm a country guy, sorta!
    Like you, I do it all for the most part. Just back-em' up and groove as freakin' hard as I can to make them sound good.

His name is Tim Jones or TJ Kelly as it may turn out to be. According to him/his camp "Tim Jones" is a little to plain, TJ Kelly is supposed to be better :meh: whatever! Refer to my above statement reguarding grooving hard!!
    He has some intrest right now, we'll see, I'm sure you know how it goes, I sure do these days! I could use a nice big tour right about now :D

15. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I have the 4-banger version of your vintage white metro. Truly awesome!

16. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    All too well. LOL

17. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Hey my name is TJ Kelly, actually Tim Kelly. I didn't know I was country guy. ;) I guess I better "Git R Done" then. LOL!

Nice looking basses. There's something about a white bass with a Rosewood board and a Tort guard that gets me every time. I'm really interested in trying a Sadowsky as it's one of the few high end basses I haven't tried yet. If my Lakland 55-94 that I received via the big brown truck today doesn't work out I'll be lookin for one.

18. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    LOL!!!
    So then how did I do on your gig!??!

Sadowsky's more than any other bass (for me anyway) "Git R Done" :D

19. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.