1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Salutations From Prince George, British Columbia

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by HubbardsFate, Oct 18, 2006.

1. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006

Hello All,

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Neil. I am 31 and I live in Prince George, BC, Canada (population 76,000, give or take...) - I have been playing bass guitar since the age of 17 but, sadly, haven't been in a band since I was 21. :rollno:

I have been aware of this site for a couple of years but only joined today. Just interested in reading other peoples' views on practicing, writing, recording, gear, etc.

I was recently reminded of how much I miss playing when my friend Mark (a great guitarist who now resides in Toronto) introduced me to his MySpace page. He has four tracks on there that our three-piece instrumental rock trio recorded back in 1996. Check 'em out at www.myspace.com/markdavisguitar if you are interested. :D

Disclaimer: We were using low-budget gear at the time and our recording techniques left something to be desired. My playing is a little embarrassing on some of the tracks (or maybe all of 'em) but hey, I was only 21...:p - Also, with the exception of some guitar overdubs that Mark has added in the years since, all of the tracks were recorded live.