Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Samick artist active 5-string P/J

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by product 14, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Good condition, nice sound, active electronics. This bass plays nice and has a push pull active passive knob(so you can run it passive) the preamp only boosts the signal so the only tone control is a treble cut. Kind of like a passive bass, but with more definition. The samick name isnt worn off the pickups. and the only nick is near the upper straplock.

Make an offer or trade, I'm interested in 2-10 cabs, other basses, amps ect.

2. My asking price is 300, or best reasonable offer

3. 300? i have that bass bought it for 200 canadian

4. Thanks for the price tip.

I've seen the same bassgo for 200-300 but if you have an offer I'm interested. I'm asking 300 but that doesn't mean that I wont sell it for less. Or trade.

As you know something is only worth as much as someone will pay.

5. Thanks for the price tip.

I've seen the same bassgo for 200-300 but if you have an offer I'm interested. I'm asking 300 but that doesn't mean that I wont sell it for less. Or trade.

As you know something is only worth as much as someone will pay.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Would you be interested in a single 15" cab? Also, could you post some pics?

7. I dont have a camera

Who is the 15 made by ect.

8. its a good bass for the money i recomend it to anyone who wants their first five string.

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    it's a fender 15. Perfect shape. Gigged only once. I put on some plaid grillecloth, but I can take it off. See if you can borrow a digital camera. I really need to see pics, as I am not too familiar with Samick basses.

10. there is no way I can get pics. But there are pictures of the same bass in the archives

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    well, I am getting rid of a snowboard, too. If you are interested in that, or the cab, drop me a PM

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey product 14, is this what your bass looks like?

13. thats exactly what it looks like, same color same inlays.

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ok, glad I posted that then. That's my own beat-to-hell Samick.

15. Do you like the bass, quality, Would you recommend one to amy one looking for a cheap active fiver.

16. actually mines in alot better condition

17. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Do you want my full honest opinion?

18. odie

odie Supporting Member

Can I give my opinion?

19. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Okay, here goes.
    I got mine after owning a terrible Korean-made 4-string for about a year. I paid full price for it ($500), which was unfortunate as I later found out you can buy them brand new for $350-400. I didn't know much about basses back then.

Good points:
    The bass is very light and balances well It has very, very narrow string spacing, which I tend to like on a five-string. The neck isn't too thin and has a great feel to it (for me). I was able to get a lot of great sounds out of the bass, but that came mostly from it being my only bass for a five-year period where I did some very hardcore practicing, so most of it came from my hands. My all-time favorite recorded slap sound ever (including albums by pro musicians) came from me playing with a group using that bass out of a Carvin combo amp in a very large room. Just incredibly aggessive sounding.

Bad points: Pickups are pretty bad, output jack was terrible (although that's not uncommon on lower-end basses), tone can be bland, and the B string is darn floppy. Materials used on the bass aren't great, and much better basses are out there for the same amount of money.

That's the whole of it.

Odie, do you own one of these? I'd like to get your take on it.