1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SANS AMP PBDDI, Which cabs LIKE IT??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pulse, Feb 21, 2008.

1. pulse

pulse

Apr 10, 2007
    Berlin, Germany
    Hello

I have the following problem

Sans amp pbddi sounds amazing through some speakers, and utterly horrible through others. WHat is going on?

- If I plug it in my old genelecs in the studio really nice

- through my home 80s hifi speakers really nice

- through a schroeder packed with modern Neo speakers, horrible and harsh and unusable

- plug it through some cheapo warwick and ampeg speakers, sounds fine again

Can anyone point me too speakers that like the SA PBDDI cos I want to use my sans amp in all situations, not just in the studio.

Cheers
    J

2. tempo2112

tempo2112

Jun 27, 2006
    Wirral, UK
    I think your problem is that the sansamp is a "miced cab" simulator, which through a flat response system (hi-fi, studio monitors, headphones,) sounds ok. When you put it through a very "voiced" cab like a schroeder, it over-eggs the pudding, so to speak. The sans amp is named as such for a reason! ;)

3. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    yeah, i tend to stick with flat(er) sounding speakers when i use my PBDDI. Of course nothing is going to sound as good as your genelecs.

i personally use an Acme Low B2. The SA sounds great through it.

4. pulse

pulse

Apr 10, 2007
    Berlin, Germany
    great thanks for the tips !!! Thats the the thing

it really sounds cool with some speakers but not others

I was always trying to figure out why some cabs like it and others seem to really not like it at all!