Sansamp ADI and EUB - overload problems

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by basss, Jan 29, 2005.

1. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I just picked up a Sansamp Acoustic DI to use with my Azola Bugbass. So far I'm really liking the sounds - it warms up the tone nicely.

I'm finding that if I turn up the volume on the bass anywhere past halfway the input gets overloaded and I get some nasty distortion on the low notes. I'm able to get a good sound with the volume on the bass turned down but it's a little touchy for my tastes. I bought the ADI used and I'm wondering if there is something wrong with mine. Is the input on these things supposed to be that sensitive? Anyone else have similar problems with input clipping?
  2. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    I just used this DI with my antique Clevinger for a show this weekend and didn't have a problem. Normally, I keep the preamp level around 12 o'clock or you will give too much gain to the board, where your clipping is probably happening.

3. shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    your azola has active eq, so you're overdriving the sans amp... keep the bass volume alittle lower and use the sans amp to boost it if you need to. you're essentailly double preamping...
  4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I also use the Bugbass / Sansamp ADI combo...and yes, I have the same issue. The onboard Azola preamp is pretty also overdrives my AI Contra. I just keep mine at half volume and it cleans up just fine (as you have found).