Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sansamp plus active bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by oldgreyOlds, Jul 15, 2005.

1. oldgreyOlds

oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    I know adding a sansamp to a passive bass can give you much more control over your tone, but would it make a difference on an active bass with a 3 band eq? Would the difference be great enough to justify the price? If not, is there a cheaper DI box with 2 outputs you would reccomend?

2. Gomex

Gomex

Jan 7, 2005
    Australia
    I just got a sansamp to go with my EMG equipped bass, I deffinately reccommend getting a sansamp. I think the sansamp works better with active basses because the pickups can drive the sansamp better, be careful, you have to back of on the drive for a really clean tone, and always keap the blend at 12 o'clock

3. Matteran

Matteran Banned

Jan 1, 2005
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I don't use the EQ on the SANSamp, but my amp. I use the SANSamp for a slight drive, presense boost, overall signal boost, and FAT tone it adds.

It's not just an EQ pedal, it overhauls your tone into an amazing mixture of shimmering modern hi-fi, and dirty vintage tube sounds.

4. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

I never want to turn my Sansamp off with my Stingray and it has a 3 band EQ! I love it so much, I plan on getting a Programmable BDDI as well. So now I can have 4 settings, or 3 settings with 2 places in my signal chain for my favorite setting.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    When I had my Sansamp, it was almost never turned off, even with my Stingray. The price IS justifyable.