sansamp plus active bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by oldgreyOlds, Jul 15, 2005.

1. oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    I know adding a sansamp to a passive bass can give you much more control over your tone, but would it make a difference on an active bass with a 3 band eq? Would the difference be great enough to justify the price? If not, is there a cheaper DI box with 2 outputs you would reccomend?
  2. Gomex

Jan 7, 2005
    I just got a sansamp to go with my EMG equipped bass, I deffinately reccommend getting a sansamp. I think the sansamp works better with active basses because the pickups can drive the sansamp better, be careful, you have to back of on the drive for a really clean tone, and always keap the blend at 12 o'clock
  3. Matteran

Matteran Banned

Jan 1, 2005
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I don't use the EQ on the SANSamp, but my amp. I use the SANSamp for a slight drive, presense boost, overall signal boost, and FAT tone it adds.

It's not just an EQ pedal, it overhauls your tone into an amazing mixture of shimmering modern hi-fi, and dirty vintage tube sounds.
  4. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

I never want to turn my Sansamp off with my Stingray and it has a 3 band EQ! I love it so much, I plan on getting a Programmable BDDI as well. So now I can have 4 settings, or 3 settings with 2 places in my signal chain for my favorite setting.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    When I had my Sansamp, it was almost never turned off, even with my Stingray. The price IS justifyable.