1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by keneds, Jul 17, 2007.

1. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    Curious, Have'nt had the opprotunity to check this effect out. could someone please shed some light on this product as far as the benefits of using one with my rig. what is the main effect and advantage to this product? Thanks in advance. Ken

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It is probably the no. 1 most-discussed item in this forum. Please take some time to read through some of the many hundreds of threads on the subject. Good luck!

3. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    Yes, as I dig deeper I seem to find alot of discussion on this issue. Which model shall I purchase???????

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    There are several models of Sansamp. But if you are referring to the Bass Driver DI, it can do several things. You use it as a preamp plugged directly into a mixer or a poweramp. That means that if you know that there will be amps or PA at the gig, you don't even need to bring an amp.

Or you can use it as a stomp box EQ or overdrive pedal plugged into your amp.

For the money, the Programmable Sansamp is the best IMO. You can save three different settings so you can have your pocket tone and your solo tone for example.

If you are only going to use it as overdrive then I suggest the GT2.

5. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    The programable version is like having three units in one. Its a great deal and sounds exactly like the single version.

Some prefer the paradriver as is has a mid control but the overwhelming majority seem to be quite happy with the regular version.

other than that, everything you could possibly want to know about the Sans Amp products is dicussed to death in these forums.

My advice would be to just buy one as they are an amazing tool and the smallest most portable back up rig you could ever have.

Some people use them as the hub of their tone, others use it as a standard stomp box for different overdrives and toneshaping, many use it as a standalone pre amp into a power amp or straight into the house mixer or recording console, and others just keep one in their gig bag in the event that their main rig fails, or is not available to them.

The Sans Amp will make a less then stellar amp sound better but many agree that it cctually degrade the tone of a very good amp. This is all of course subjective.

Hope that gets you started.