Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saw Stewart McKinsey last night......

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jason Carota, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Ahh.....nothing like a night of Funk and BBQ. :)

The Brotherhood of Groove, with TB's Stewart McKinsey was at Ryles in Cambridge, MA last night and they tore it up (my head is still bobbing!!) What an amazing band. They even had The Boston Horns as special guests. Stewart is a monster player, and his new Conklin 10 string sounds awesome.

Check them out if you get a chance!!

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! I wish I went. The guitar player of the boston horns is my Jazz band instructor.

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    AT RYLES!!! WhatWhatWhatWhat!?!

Wow I used to live right near Inman Sq., but I would see Bruce Barlett, Bruce Gertz, Abercrombie... and the usual suspects...Man, I used to be there or @ the 1369 at least once a week. I didn't realize that they have groups like BOG there... COOOL!

I caught them middle of last year at Jakes Roadhouse in Decatur, GA the night I got off of the road myself. Stew didn't have his 10 at that time, but that 8 (fretted) was still a serious beast! It's so funny the sound guy (Kale=j3rk) at Jakes wouldn't even let Stew use the Accu 21!!!

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I should clear up the fact that not all of the Boston Horns were there. Henley Douglas, Jr. and Garret Savluk joined BOG.

5. hey cats,

thanks for the kind words and I appreciate them more than you know. that show at Ryles was a blast (and the BBQ rocked!) and it was so great to get that kind of crowd the first time we played the room. very cool indeed!

by the way, Whofradamus, I met your teacher and he was a very cool cat! your musical education is in good hands!

tour's been great. tonight we played a private party and I have a day off. I hope to get some sleep, some home cooked food, and possibly to catch up on my online existence. hope everyone's doing well and grooving hard!

stay well, take care, and keep it deep!

Stew